Friday, April 24, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I've been doing waaayyy too many things lately. I'm gonna have to step back and decide which one is gonna get done first. My house cleaning has taken a back seat to all my projects. This weekend is going to be nothing but cleaning. (yuk) I have a craft show next weekend and I know I'm gonna be busy making things and there won't be any time to clean. So if I'm gonna clean first then I can put all my time into making things for the show.


Here's a few things that I have been up to.........


On my way to a garage sale I drove by this site. Not sure why they are watering the field cuz we've had plenty of rain around here? Kinda seems like a waste to me.


After taking the pictures of the 'sprinkler', I had to stop for a train. Some of the cars were 'decorated' elaborately. I guess that's one way to advertise your talent. (lol) Some of the cars were really pretty.









Some call these selvedges and some call them mill ends. I call them potential rugs. I have a loom and I weave these into rag rugs. They turn out fluffy. They've been a big hit at the craft shows. The rag rugs made out of old blue jeans are still a staple tho. I've got plenty of blue jeans from family and friends but I don't have the time to cut them up, sew together and then weave them so I'm going the faster and easier route.




Oops, I almost forgot to take a before picture. I started to prime and then remembered to take a picture.
This is my sons old room. We have two bedrooms upstairs and I chose to use my sons bedroom for my craft room. We painted it gray and black for him several years ago. The other bedroom will be for him if he chooses to come back. But in the meantime it will double as the guest room. I'll show pictures of that room when I get a chance to do something with it.


This is the embossed wallpaper that is in my soon to be craft room. I wanted light colors to make the room bright and cheery but I'm not liking how it turned out. I've done a hallway with an embossed wallpaper and it turned out fabulous, but this one didn't. Maybe the colors are too closely related. This picture may look okay but the overall appearance of the room doesn't. So I just gave up on the room for now. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get back to it.






This is a quick project I did the other day. The apple plaque is a piece of slate. I put the two together and this is how it turned out.....




I just turned the slate over and put it on top of the little table (or maybe it's a plant stand, I don't know). The two taller flowers in the vase are made of glass and the shorter one is made of metal.

Wow, I'm getting tired just recapping on what I've been doing. I think I better stop there. I had better get to work now.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Cindy (tinta)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!!! I hope you survived your cleaning spree and I hope your show is FANTASTIC for you - I wish I could come visit your booth!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon!!! I was just checking on you to make sure you haven't gotten TOO busy!!! I haven't seen you on the "junk revolution"! Hope all is well!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just checking up on you, haven't seen you post in a while. I hope all is not too seriously wrong??
    Good luck and Good health,
    cherry/kudzu

    ReplyDelete