Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'M STILL ALIVE

I'm still alive. Been very, very busy. The baby goats have been keeping us busy. We're still trying to catch up on sleep. I have them down to three feedings a day. Oh, sleep is so good. I'm the type that if I don't get my 7 hours of solid sleep, I can't function. I've been getting 6 1/2 hours now and I seem to be surviving!!!


We've been working on building a loft and a large pen inside the barn, to house all the goats we have. We have a total of 2 adult does and 7 kids. We have had to sort thru everything we have been storing in the barn. I didn't realize how much crap we had. We have been selling, giving away and throwing away alot of stuff. BUT, there is still alot left. I will admit that most of it is now my stuff. I really do have plans for most of it, tho. If we ever get the goats situated, I might be able to have some time to put all that stuff to use!!! At this point, it's not looking like it's gonna be in the near future. When we get the pen done, we have to start on the fencing on the outside. A woman's work is never done!!(ha,ha) We haven't been getting any help from our son or daughter. Our son is working on the new house that him and his girlfriend got. They've been ripping up carpet and sanding & staining the hardwood floor. They've been working their tails off. Our daughter has been busy with cleaning up the mess left over from their corn crib being tore apart from the wind.



Now for a few pictures of our loft and pen project.....





I always forget to get the before pictures. As you can see, the loft is up. A friend of ours came over to help us with the stairs. He's a carpenter and it only took him about 2 hours to get them done.


Here's all my stuff, packed into the corner. It won't be able to stay there long cuz we will have to put the kidding pens here.


This a stack of 12" clay tile and wood on top of them. This is some of the stuff that was left here when we bought our house. I hate to admit it but that was nearly 10 years ago. I've wanted to use the clay tiles for something but never could come up with and idea. Then stuff kept getting pile on top of them and in front of them, then I couldn't get to them, even if I would have come up with some idea.



Kitty was exhausted. He had a hard day checking out all the new smells and waiting for us to stir up a mouse or two while we were working. No mice so far!!!



One of the geese thought he had to check out what was going on.




Oh, I forgot. Here's a few angel's that I had made before all the building began. My junking has been put on hold for now.



Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. I'll try to remember to keep taking pictures of the progress.
Cindy (tinta)

3 comments:

  1. I sure wish I had a barn..maybe two! lol
    babies are babies,huh? doesn't matter if they're human or furry,they all take a lot of lookin' after :D

    oh, I love those angels! how did you glue them? Love the skeleton key one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kudzu. The glue I used is simply "Glass & Metal". I got it when I took a one day class making fused glass for our own jewelry. My necklace has held up for two years, so it must be good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on some blog reading and came across yours. I LOVE your angels! They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete