Monday, March 2, 2009

TWO NEW KIDS YESTERDAY

Let me just start out by saying, I was hard on myself this weekend. Friday night we ended up having several people show up at our house. Rick and Tracy showed up around 8:00p.m. They were on their way back home from a visitation (which we had been to earlier). We talked about the good ole days, the grandkids, etc, etc. Then Gerald and Helen stopped by about 9:00p.m. All of us have been friends from grade school. Well, out came the "drinks". The music was blaring and we were all having a good time. Rick and Tracy left around midnight. Then before we knew it, it was about 3:00a.m. and Helens daughter came out to party with the old people. The dancing started and we danced and talked till 6:00a.m. Yep, you read that right, 6 o'clock in the morning. I can't even remember the last time I stayed up for 24 hours!!!! Actually, I'm not sure when the last time I had a 'drink'. Well, and I can say it will be a long time before I have another one. In a month I will be 45 years old. To me, 45, is not really that old. Until you start acting like your 25!!! (haha) Now, I know how far I can push this aging body. I did absolutely nothing all day saturday except sleep. I told my husband it was his fault, cuz about 4:30a.m. he decided to fix us all breakfast. I should have never ate.


Okay, now on to the "kids". Sunday morning, I was feeling a little more like myself. My hubby went out to take care of the animals that morning. All is well on the farm. So he decided to go to Menards to buy some lumber. I chose to stay home this time. I'm feeling better but not ambitious!! After he got home and lumber unloaded a friend called so out the door he went. He said he would check on the goats before leaving. We knew that they could be kidding at any time this week. So at about 1:00 he checked on the goats and left. He returns just before 4:00 and goes to the barn with another load of lumber. Don't you just love friends and unload their extras on ya??? He came walking up to the house at a steady pace. I didn't think much about it. Then he walked in the door announcing we have twin kids. Within the 3 hours that he was gone, one of our does had given birth to 2 bouncing babies. Well, let me tell you, I got my cover-alls, boots, hat, gloves and coat on in record time. Oh, I couldn't forget the camera. Here are our 3 hour old kids. I tried to get the best shots that I could get. But I'm sure most of you know that giving birth is a pretty messy situation.




WARNING: IF THE SIGHT OF BLOOD BOTHERS YOU, DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER. I TRIED TO CROP OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND TRIED TO PICK THE PICTURES WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT. I JUST COULDN'T GET THE GOATS TO POSE FOR THESE PICTURES. (lol)












We are awaiting our other doe to kid at this time. I will be checking on her throughout the day and will post when we have more news.

Cindy (tinta)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! They are the cutest. They look bigger than I would expect. I bet they will be getting into trouble in no time.
    Peace,
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The photos were just fine :D They're so cute!
    And I've given you an award :D Check it out on my blog and to pick it up!
    Kudzu
    http://kudzukween.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete