Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PICTURES OF TRIPLETS AND CORN CRIB

Haven't had much sleep since the triplets joined our family. They need to be fed every 4 hours. Do you realize it's been nearly 20 years since we have had to get up for those late evening and early morning feedings!?! I'm not sure if our alarm clock can handle the weird hours either. Enough whining about sleep loss, here's some pictures of the triplets.....



My 3 year old granddaughter and me. I'm playing with the buckling. We're calling him 'Bucky". As you can see, he likes when I push on his head. I am going to regret playing with him like that. When he gets 100+ pounds with horns, I have a feeling I'm gonna be in trouble!!!(lol)




Me and both granddaughters. My daughter is taking the pictures. We just got done feeding them. We wanted to get a picture of the girls feeding them but it turned out to be more of a chore than we thought!!(haha) We weren't able to get all three goats and both girls in the picture at the same time. The one year old kept calling them "key-key" short for kitty-kitty. She calls all animals 'key-keys'.



In another post I mentioned the corn crib at my daughters house. Well, she brought her camera that had pics of the crib on it. So I downloaded them on my computer to show you.





This is where it is supposed to be.




This is where it ended up.





Up and over the boat. The boat didn't move, but the crib must have hit it cuz the side of it has a dent in it.

Aside from the high winds, we've been having rain. So much rain it is starting to seep into our basement now. We don't live far from the Illinois River but far enough that it doesn't effect us but the weather man says it's above the flood stage. This morning they are saying that the smaller rivers and streams are rising to flood level. I'm feeling for the local farmers right about now. Especially the ones that farm next to the Spoon River. That river seems to over flow its banks and into the fields. It's going to take a long time for the ground to dry up before they can get the fields planted. Gotta love Mother Nature!!!

Have a good day

Cindy (tinta)

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, so sorry for your daughters storm damage. I love the triplets, so cute! stay dry, Cindy!
    I hate she lost her corncrib, but I bet ya'll are considering what to do with the leavin's! lots of nice wood to make crafts, oh and the rusty metal! get you some nice tin snips and a jigsaw! ya'll can probably make enough crafts to sell to buy a new barn! birdhouses, signs,all kinds of things..

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the intitial thought of, 'what a mess to clean up' we all started saying, 'we can do this and we can do that'. The ideas have been endless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete