Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick Update

Just wanted to take a few minutes to update ya'll. Thursday and friday the weather got up to the 60's, so I was outside enjoying the sun and warmth. Got a little bit done outside but I still got a lot to do to get ready for spring. Friday afternoon our other doe had her babies. We got twins again. She had a girl and a boy. I walked out to the barn to check on them at about 2:15 and she was is full labor so I stuck around to see if she might need my help. Mother Nature is so amazing!!! I will post pictures of them later. Saturday we called to check on a fellow goat friend. He has been having bad luck with his does and babies. He has lost a few babies and on mom doesn't want to have anything to do with her babies. She had triplets. Our friend asked us if we wanted then triplets cuz he has no time to bottle feed them. So guess what....we have three, 4-day old babies. Two girls and 1 boy. Bottle feeding every four hours for about two weeks is going to be very time consuming but if we can save these babies it will be worth it. After about two weeks we'll be able to cut back to every six hours. So far babies are doing good and they've taken to the bottle like pros. I'll post pictures of them later, too.
It's about time to get the bottles ready. Darn, it started raining again. We are so swamp with water here. Hope the dehumidifier keeps up!!
If I can get over to my daughters between feedings I'll try to get pictures of her place. She thinks a tornado may have gone thru last night. When they got up this morning, their wooden corn crib wasn't were it was supposed to be. There wasn't much left of the crib to begin with, just the shell and the tin roof but it got picked up and sat back down next to the barn that is about 75 feet away. The granddaughters plastic toys are still in the same place as they were the night before. Go figure!!! Hey, didn't I just say "Mother Nature is amazing"?

Pictures coming soon.
Cindy (tinta)

No comments:

Post a Comment