Monday, February 16, 2009

2 NEW ADDITIONS TO THE FAMILY









We just had two baby chicks hatch. One yesterday morning and one this morning. We really intented to hatch goose eggs. Our geese started laying their eggs pretty early and we were afraid that it was still too cold out so we decided to gather up the eggs and put them in the incubator. Then we decided to fill up the rest of the incubator with chicken eggs. We really wasn't sure if any of the eggs were fertile but we gave it a try anyway. Well, the goose eggs weren't fertile and only two chicken eggs were. The other set of geese are now laying their eggs but we are going to let them take care of their own eggs. Maybe they'll be fertile.



Here's a couple of pictures of our peahens sitting in the sun. The one in front is the young one, hatched in June 2008. The one in the back is the older one. We think she is about 3 or 4 years old. She laid eggs last spring (none hatched) so we're hoping we get some that will hatch this year. The male wasn't around to be in the picture. I'll be showing you pictures of him later when he struts his stuff with is tail fanned out. That tail of his is amazing!!





One of the hens wanted to be in the picture too!!




Have a Good Day

Cindy (tinta)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! There is nothing more fun than experiencing baby animals coming into the world! Good luck with the geese.
    Peace,
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every baby anything can help bring a smile to most peoples face. I hope I can talk my hubby into, more of a con job, getting some babies. We have a shop in our barn and I just know that I could get customers and have entertainment for the little folks. I have already began the whining! I will be beginning the next phase when I get out my little twinkle lites that chirp! I will keep you posted! Or better yet, come visit our blog!

    ReplyDelete