Wednesday, February 18, 2009

PINECONES, POTPOURRI, AND LIGHTS





I filled the 5 gallon crock with left over whatever. Material, packing peanuts, newspaper whatever was close by. I left enough room to top it off with pinecones, that I found out in the yard, and some straw woven balls. Then I layered in scented potpourri, then a small strand of clear christmas lights in a large glass container. I'd sprinkle potpourri then drop in a little more of the lights, then potpourri, etc, until I got to the top. I let the last of the light strand hang out the top then I added some more pinecones on the top. I set the whole thing next to my china cabinet. I chose that spot cuz it was the only place I had an open outlet, but it turned out to be a good spot. The christmas lights get warm enough to heat up the potpourri and fill the air with a wonderful scent. It really doesn't fill the whole room but it's sitting in a spot that gets a good amount of traffic, so you get a nice light scent when you walk by. Nothing over powering tho. I guess I didn't mention I put a glass on top of the crock. It was one that I had lying around. Left over from those table kits. You know, the ones that had the three legs that screwed onto the the round plywood top. Then you would top it with a round topper and then topped it off with the round glass.

My granddaughter left her signature on the front of the crock. I didn't notice it until I got the picture posted. Could she be the next Monet? (lol)




Hope you enjoyed

Cindy (tinta)






No comments:

Post a Comment