Sunday, January 11, 2009

spare bedroom being transformed

The passed 3 days, I've been working on our spare bedroom. We're going to use it as our bedroom because it is on the main floor. Tonight will be the first night sleeping in our new room.

We had started to remodel this room about two years ago and got tired of it. It's one of those rooms that nobody sees so if it takes ten years nobody will know. But when we started thinking about making it easier on ourselves so we don't have to go up and down the stairs anymore, that room had to be finished. I finished mudding the closet and sanded the walls in the room. Then I painted the all the walls and the ceiling. I guess the wall color I picked out wasn't a big hit with my husband or son. That's okay. They'll change their minds when I get the 'junk' up on the walls. I then put all the trim back up. Well, that's not exactly true. I put up what trim I had. I didn't have enough to completely finish. That's okay, I'll get to it another day. Got the floor vacuumed, furniture arranged, bed made, the mirror washed the alarm clock set and the t.v. going. Gotta have the t.v. I didn't move all our furniture into the new room just incase we decide we don't like using that room. Besides, I didn't feel like lugging a king sized bed down the stairs. We'll just have to deal with a twin bed. If we stay in this room I'll have the hubby and son do the moving.


While I had the white paint out, I thought I'd spruce up an old dresser that's been around my house for as long as I can remember. Heck, it's probably older than me. (44) (sssshhhh don't tell no one) Here's a couple of pictures of before and after.













I just added a few decorative cut-outs. I really didn't have enough to do all the drawers but I figured if it didn't look good with just the two, I could go get a couple more. I don't think I'll need to, tho. I'm satisfied with just the two. What do you think? Do I need to brush on some more white or is that enough?







The mirror sitting on the dresser (what you can see of it) was left here when we bought the house (9 years ago). Yes, I'm a pack rat. I've 'collected' so much stuff that even I'm getting to the point that "something's gotta go". That is my goal this year. Go thru all the junk and prioritize. I'm gonna have to get rid of some or I'm not gonna have enough room for us to live here. Maybe I'll get up enough nerve to take pictures of my basement and barn so you can see how bad I am. I have to think about it tho. I'm not sure if I really want to see how bad it is. That'll be another day, tho.

Cindy (tinta)

2 comments:

  1. I love that dresser, and the two cutouts look just fine :D And I'm with you, about trying to tone down the "junk".
    I hope you get enough windows for your greenhouse. Did you see the ones on RoboLadys site? A lady makes them, I think from 6 windows? and mosaics on them, too. My husband made me one from just 2 windows. You could try that:D Make one, and sell some!
    Kudzu
    Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, You are the winner of the free Calendar contest on RoboJunker's blog. Please contact me with your address so I can send it out. Congratulations
    Margo

    View my blog at:
    http://robolady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete