Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A GOOD DAY OF SHOPPING & SUPPER TOO

Boy, did I have a good day shopping. At Salvation Army that is. I found alot of goodies to make some totems, flowers, etc. I'm not gonna ramble on about my day. I'm just gonna get right to the goodies.







Actually, I got these last week and I'm just now getting to posting them.









I was hoping that this picture would show up so you could read the tag. It says, "Tower - Sears, Roebuck & Co." It's not very wide or tall bit is pretty deep. It looks like it may have held index cards or recipes.










I just loved the white bowls. The blueish colored scalloped plates will be neat made into flowers. I guess I'm gonna have to get to making things so I can show them off, too.





Now here's the best part of the day.......







My dear husband is the cook in the family. Well, I should say chef. Everybody thinks he should open a resteraunt but, as you can tell by his work clothes, he's sticking with welding for now. I'm a really lucky woman cuz my son took after his father. He's a chef, too. He used to be an assistant chef for a resteraunt but needless to say, he's taking after his father and doing the welding thing. We just can't get him talked into culinary school. (darn) Well, while I'm on the subject, I can't leave out my daughter. She certainly didn't take after me. She would take her brothers place at the resteraunt when he couldn't do it. Me, well, I try not to get near the kitchen. I just reap the rewards. (he he) And if you're wondering, I don't have the figure like I used to. Too many chef's in this house to have a 'model' figure.

Don't forget to check back friday for my 'weekly picture'.

Cindy(tinta)

1 comment:

  1. you got some great stuff! I love the colored glass...but I REALLY love that old glass doorknob. It's the same kind we have always had in our old house. Now you can buy reproductions at Home Depot and places for $12...now I can re-do all the new doors in the house! Lucky Lucky You! And someone to cook dinner too!
    Kudzu

    ReplyDelete