Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yesterday was a good day shopping

Yesterday was a day to go grocery shopping but I made a quick stop at the Salvation Army. I didn't expect to get much so I only picked up the carrying basket instead of the cart on wheels. Big mistake. I had picked up several plates at the beginning of my shopping spree that my arms had gotten a good workout by the time I left there. There were a couple of things I didn't get that now I wished I had. There was a tricycle and little red wagon that my granddaughters would have liked. The tricycle was only $3.99 but the wagon was $6.99. They probably won't be there the next I go. :( What was I thinking??

Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Hey, don't hesitate to give me some suggestions on what I can use them for!!!






When I turned this over, I could see it as a flower.



I closed up the 'petals' to show you the feet. I haven't seen one made like this. I wish I could remember, but I saw someone use the 'petals' for some cute project. I guess I'll have to go searching for it. If I find it, I'll give the credit to you.




I thought I'd use these in my totems or I could make some large bottle bugs?




Wow, 13 inches!! I thought I'd use these for the base of totems or drill a hole add other plates or bowls to it to make a flower. Hummmm?




More plates that could be used for totems.

It might be a while before I can get to do anything with these cuz I've started another project already. I'm turning our spare bedroom that's on the main floor into out bedroom. The hubby is tired of walking up and down the stairs. Oh, boo hoo!!! I keep telling him we need it upstairs for the exercise. If we keep trying to make it too easy for ourselves now, what's gonna happen when we really are old? Ha Ha. We're only in our 40's now!!

Have a good day

Cindy (tinta)

2 comments:

  1. wondering... of your finds the one with the handle what is it? do you know? I could have bought one yesterday but couldn't for the life of me figure out why I wanted it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know the one on the bottom that folds up is a steamer my Mom has one

    ReplyDelete