Thursday, January 15, 2009

WEEKLY PICTURE

This is an idea that I had. I'm going to go digging thru my house, from attic to basement, looking for unusual items that I have. One of my grandma's passed away several years ago, and I was the only grandchild of this grandma, so I was left nearly everything. From junk to antiques. I haven't been able to part with anything so they've been packed away. Some items have been packed away since I received them. My house isn't big enough to display everything, so they are packed away and put in the attic, basement or extra closet. I do feel a little guilty for not having them out to enjoy them but what else am I going to do. Then it hit me. Why not share them with all of you so everybody can enjoy them. Some items are things you may recognize, some you might remember using at one point in your life and then some you may not have a clue as to what it is. I may even have a story to tell you about an item. It may be something I played with or something that grandma would say, 'look but don't touch'.



My plan was to post a picture every friday. Well, today I gathered up the first 4 items that I planned on posting for the next four weeks and I just couldn't wait til tomorrow to post the first one.



SO HERE IT IS. Can you guess what it was used for before you get to the last picture?











As you can see, it has a handle to carry it with. Don't scroll down too fast. Give yourself time to think about what it is.








I'm sorry the picture doesn't show it, but there is a screw and a wing nut on it's belly. You might be able to see the wing nut in the first picture. Also, you can't tell by the picture, but it is made out of some kind of metal. I'm pretty sure it's cast iron cuz it is very heavy. So, now that I told you that, I'm sure you have come to the conclusion that it can open up. Any guessess. No, not a piggy bank. OK, on to the last picture.........



Now you're freaked out, huh!!! Any ideas yet?

It was used by students at 'vet' school. Some Vets would use these as refreshers before operating on a pig. It used to have all the 'inerds' in it for teaching, but when grandma got it, the vet didn't leave them in it. Well, that's what she told me, but I think she had grandpa throw them away so I wouldn't get grossed out. They used to raise pigs and was probably afraid if I saw all that stuff, I would be afraid of the pigs from then on.

So, did you guess it? Tell the truth!!! I'd love to hear from you on what you thought about it!

Cindy (tinta)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, no, I didn't guess right! I thought "bank" but why a handle on a bank? Then I thought "door stop".. But I never would have guessed it right in a million years!
    Kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've passed along "The Lemonade Award" to you!
    I know how hard it is to find time anymore, and how hard it is to choose just 10 bloggers...so I'm leaving these awards to the ones I choose with out any strings! Just pass it along to whomever you wish...1 or 10 or 100 of your favorite bloggers to pass it along to their favorites!
    Kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a bank! Or a really heavy purse. I would have never guessed it. I am hoping I see one again in my lifetime so I can show off my amazing knowledge of junk!
    Love the airport story!
    Peace,
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought it was a food mold.but couldnt imagine what!!!..jelled ham salad? ..your side decorations are fun..
    ann

    ReplyDelete